Commission for Restoration, Life and Peace and Justapaz
Pastor disappeared, action requested.
We are very concerned for the safety of Pastor William Reyes and other members of the Fraternity of Evangelical Pastors of Maicao (Fraternidad de Ministros Evangélicos de Maicao - FRAME). Last Thursday, September 25, at 10 AM Pastor Reyes left
Human rights violations of church people, and of the civilian population at large, are ongoing in
We ask you to send letters to:
- Express your concern;
- Request government action to locate Pastor Reyes and
- Solicit protection for Pastor Reyes’s family and the members of FRAME.
See model letter below.
Action Requests: Political Advocacy and Prayer
Communicate with Colombian governmental representatives (see sample letter). Ask that the Colombian government:
- Provide all necessary safety measures for Pastor Reyes’ family and for the members of FRAME. (See my comment/question.)
- Carry out a timely investigation and take the necessary steps to bring to justice both the material and intellectual authors of William’s disappearance.
- Carry out a timely investigation and take the necessary steps to bring to justice those responsible for the threats against FRAME.
- Well-being of Pastor William Reyes and his family.
- Safety of the members of the Fraternity of Evangelical Pastors of Maicao.
- Wisdom in discerning next steps in the midst of violence and a politically adverse climate.
- Recognition of the error of their ways, repentance and reparations of damage committed on the part of the responsible parties.
I am writing to express my deep concern for the safety of Pastor William Reyes, his family and the members of the Fraternity of Evangelical Ministers of Maicao (FRAME). Pastor Reyes pastors the Truth and
Pastor Reyes departed
We ask that you take all steps necessary to locate Pastor Reyes and to protect his family and the members of FRAME. We also ask that you ensure swift and thorough investigations of the threats against FRAME. Those responsible should be held accountable for their crimes.
Send letter(s) to:
Fiscal General (Attorney General)
Fax: 011-571-570-2000 ext. 2017
Gobernador de La Guajira (Governor of La Guajira)
Jorge Perez Bernier
Fax: 011-575-727-5007 (ask for fax)
Emails can be sent directly from here.
Comandante del Ejercito Nacional (Commander of the Army)
General Mario Montoya Uribe
Departamento Administrativo de Seguridad - DAS (Administrative Security Department)
Maria del Pilar Hurtado Afanador